Monday, March 23, 2009

Review of 3/23-3/27 Recipes

Monday: The butter chicken was Yum-Oh! We had it with rice instead of naan cuz I was too lazy to make it. I did not have fenugreek leaves or food coloring. Also, instead of using cream, I used 2% milk and it turned out just fine. The husband was very pleased! Unfortunately my camera was dead, so I had to use my horrible cell phone camera. Oh well!

Tuesday: The chicken sandwiches actually turned out pretty good. I was kind of scared they would not taste good. I had some leftover garbano beans so I made some hummus as well. I think this would be better as a lunch item rather than dinner. Also I think it tasted better without yogurt. This would also taste good as a plain salad!



Wednesday
: The drunken noodles were okay. I ended up finding Thai Basil at an Asian store in Elgin. However, I was unable to find the Sen Yai noodles. I went to three diff stores and none of them carried it. The only thing I would do differently is use less oyster sauce. It made the noodles taste a little fishy!



Thursday and Friday: I was too tired to cook on Thursday and we had leftover drunken noodles, so we had that. Today (Friday), I won't be home the whole day...which means I can't cook. I'll try the recipes over the weekend if we are home, or they will be pushed to next week!

Saturday: I made the chicken picatta....I think I put a bit too much lemon juice, cuz it was very lemony! Overall, the dish was alright, nothing too ohh ahh about it. I used a cookbook I never used before, so now I am kind of hesitant to try other dishes...

5 comments:

  1. That really does look good faddu! i think i wanna try too. but wait, the correct way is to plan a menu and not make last minute decisions right?
    oh btw - another website for awesome desi food -> www.ndtvcooks.com
    i even got the recipe for dalcha from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sandwich. It was delicious. I just think that I would maybe lather the hummus inside the sandwich with the garbanzo bean salad...that would give it a yummy kick. Also, I think that the hummus you made was good! I didn't know it was so easy! Also I wanted to share a recipe and upload some pics too to your website...what do you think??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go ahead Girly!!! I can make another entry called Reader Suggestions:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my camera that was used to take that picture. I'm so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should try Pesto for next week. Its soooo yummy, or barbeque (if the weather cooperates), and then invite me over!!!!

    ReplyDelete