Monday, April 13, 2009

Review of 3/13-3/17

Monday: The husband said that the Talwa chicken was better than any talawa gosht he's ever had. I had to use nasty fat filled bloody boneless chicken thighs instead of breast. All you do is mix adrak laisan, salt, mirchi, and haldi in the chicken. Then you fry up an onion until red and add chicken mixture. Keep stirring and frying until it looks almost done. Then add about 6 TB of chopped up cilantro and some mirchi. Keep frying until it looks kinda brown and crunchy:)

Wednesday: Days like this make me hate cooking even more. So I started making the dish, noodles were ready to go. I opened the jar of pesto and there was a little bit of mold on the side by the jar rim. I wasn't sure what to do. I wasn't about to give up and not make my dish just cuz of this mold. So I took a spoon and took the moldy part out. I was still uncertain, so after I was done making it, I called Trader Joes. The guy told me it would probably be safer if I didn't use it. UGH!!!!! I was so pissed....and the story doesn't end there. We decided to go to McCormick and Shmick, since they were offering tax special. The wait was 45 min and alot of the menu items were gone. So then we said lets go to PF Changs. I called them, and they had 45 min wait too. Then we went to Big Bowl and it was the worst experience ever. I got green curry and it was not green curry...i had like 3 bites and i stopped eating...and im starving still.....sigh......why do humans need food????

Thursday: So guess what happened today? I opened up the new bag of rice that I got from my new "favorite" meat store. When I opened it, there was black stuff inside. I asked my mom and she said not to use it....so did I make the biryani?? NOPE!!! I ate roti and yogurt while the husband had leftover nasty Big Bowl. If I can use 2 day old marinated meat, I will make the biryani tomorrow...hopefully.....sigh.

Friday: As always, I messed up on the rice...the biryani came out to be gulati (smushy and soft). I was not happy with it at all, but other people were. The problem is that this chef dude does not give exact measurements and I think that might have messed me up!!!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA I love Tues and TR blog post...roflol...I can't believe you were so brave and used the moldy pesto jar!!!

    ReplyDelete